Would like some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moby Medic

Beta member
I currently work as a paramedic. As such I have a lot of downtime and wanted something productive to do. I've always had a love of computers and fixing them so decided to pursue that. I've started studying for the A+ exam and hope to take it within the coming months.

What I'd like to know is what should I study next? I've picked up a few books on CCENT from cisco and looked into microsoft certs as well. If I had to pick an area of interest it would be troubleshooting and fixing things (Like what I do now except with people not computers). As well as networking.

I love the hands on work and the critical thinking that goes into my current job. Out side of a basic repair tech what kind of jobs in IT offer this? I'm more than willing to start at the bottom but what would be a an "ultimate" goal?

Thanks for the help,
Kris

I don't know what your ultimate goal is, that is your decision. If your goal is to be challenged at work - IT is a great field.

As for the next certification, I would do the Net+ next. This way you have hardware and networking down. After that i personally would get an operating system certification, Xp, Vista, 7, Linux - whatever you feel would be the best for you.

After all you can see what peaks your interest and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom