Where can a tech savvy 15 year old find a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano511

Baseband Member
Even if just for the summer. And by tech savvy i mean i know c++ and know the parts of the computer lol. I guess thats not really tech savvy but compared to most 15 year olds who only use there computer for facebook...

-Anyways ive used SDL & c++ to make tic-tac-toe, pong, and a 2d zombie survival game(scroller).
-I installed some of the hardware in my computer.

And i dont even care how simplistic the job is as long as it has to do with computer. I can organize files lol.

So do you think i can get a job anywhere?

Try fast food... Most mom and pop shops will look at you only if you can show to them that you know your stuff at your age, which means you should look into getting an A+ cert for now.

I know in the U.S. child labor laws might prevent you from most jobs (even summer ones). If you live somewhere else I don't know though. Most fast food places will hire you since you're over 15 though.

Child labor laws for your age "<meta charset="utf-8">First, if you're under 18 you need to know that federal laws regulate the type of work you can do. Non-agricultural jobs require you to be at least 14 years of age. Fourteen- and 15-year-olds may not work more than three hours a day and 18 hours a week during the school year. During the summer and on school holidays, you can work eight hours a day and 40 hours a week, but there are time limits. You may not work later than 7 p.m. during the school year or later than 9 p.m. between June 1 and Labor Day. Bummer."

Source: <meta charset="utf-8">Teen Jobs | Jobs for Teen | Teen Job Search | Snagajob

I'd intern in the IT department for places like Chevron, energy suppliers (One that comes to my mind is called Aera Energy), etc. Where I live they have summer internships in IT departments all the time.

I'd work on building a resume. Getting your certifications and doing some summer internships is definitely a very good way to start.

It'll be hard to find a job in tech at your age... Star working a sales job at like staples or best buy when you turn 16 And then work into a pc support role. Software internships are hard to find for college kids let alone high school kids

Do you guys think my they will discriminate against height? Im only 5'3 and a half right now but my voice is pretty much done changing.

Thanks for all you suggestions btw. And i wont be working at any fast food places but i think a sales person at staples or bestbuy would be cool. I feel like they wont hire me because im short though.

Also, i get high honors( which i believe in a 3.5 gpa or higher) on my report card so thats good right? And im pretty mature. I dont really show any emotion. Not good at conversation.

Do you guys think my they will discriminate against height? Im only 5'3 and a half right now but my voice is pretty much done changing.

Thanks for all you suggestions btw. And i wont be working at any fast food places but i think a sales person at staples or bestbuy would be cool. I feel like they wont hire me because im short though.

Also, i get high honors( which i believe in a 3.5 gpa or higher) on my report card so thats good right? And im pretty mature. I dont really show any emotion. Not good at conversation.

I dont think ANYWHERE will discriminate against your height. If your working at like fast food they aren't going to care about your grades :p That's good anyways with your grades. If your not the best at conversation, you might not be like a customer service/helper person, but you should still be able to get a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom