Whats this job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam06

In Runtime
I dont know what its called, but all you do is build the PC or upgrade the hardware.
Whats it called?
What degrees/A-levels/GCSEs or certifications do i need to become one?
Where could i start from?

pc repair tech

you can get a comptia a+ cert. you should study computer hardware. whats compatible? what works the best for different setups.

get a job or volunteer at a repair shop.

i live in UK and theres a shop called PC World that does that, they will teach me right?

They probably won't teach you, there is probably hundreds of other people who already know how to repair pcs and don't require the training. If you want the job, you gotta prepare for it yourself by reading books on it and taking certifications.

PC repair is about the worst job in computers field. Here in the USA average pay is probably $8-$12 per hour. And I assume free hardware was a joke, but no. That's like asking a car dealer, can I get a free car?

Yup, and you would probably have like 10% discount on all products. But newegg would most likely still be cheaper.

Yeah, do not plan to be a comp repair tech, that is just ridiculous in todays world. Now a days you have kids 15-18 getting these kinds of jobs, it is kinda like all the service industry jobs out there kids get while still in highschool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom