What the hell happened to all the PC Repair jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few people have a great work history at 19. Speaking as an employer, I'm equally interested in you as a person as I am in your tech skills.
If an employer is concerned about gaps or interested in anything, they'll ask. Don't offer too much info along those lines unless you've got good reasons for those gaps.
If there's anything that suggests that you were fired, then those gaps can be an issue. If you can provide reference letters from those employers that explain the gaps then its not a problem.

The original question "Where have all the PC Tech jobs gone?" is a little irrational if you ask me among other things. How would you all feel if I posted "Where has all Technology gone?" ? The point is they are all out there everywhere, except in ethiopian rural villages!

Over analytical? Hmmm.... Check your statement and ask yourself exactly why you feel that way? Its an accurate and rational response to a serious question! But you have all heard the saying "You cant make everyone happy".

I guess you interpereted the question wrong. When I said "What have happened to all the PC Repair jobs?" I meant the ones that are hiring, specifically in Virginia. Sorry if this sounds insulting but..... make sense now?

I think you should move onto something deeper in the industry. Computer repair is very entry level, and all these highschool kids are filling up all the jobs. Its really not like it used to be 5-10 years ago when no one knew how to fix computers. Now you have 13 year olds fixing computers etc. Since you got a 2 year degree in computer repair maybe you should get some networking certs (Cisco), and try to get into that part of the industry. Better Money + long term careers!

Yeah I know, I've been thinking about that. I can't do computer repair forever. Eventually, I plan to do Computer Security.

Great job, and is one of the major/serious jobs in IT right now. BIG BUCKS Probally, but theres probally a lot of education to go along with it.

Oh yeah, for sure. Some math.... which I dispise math... But once I get the concept down from college or tech school I'll take off on my own and teach myself and get the certifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom