what does game design entitle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chankama said:
I never lie :)..

At least when I am giving advice....

I never said Computer Science is a "general education of computers". :eek:. I simply said that Computer Science leads to many "different" areas.

Database systems, AI (e.g. games), graphics, distributed systems, reliable systems, DSP, etc. etc.

Here's a list of grad courses offered at my university:
http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/grad/courses/offerings

Obviously, Computer Science doesn't delve into the h/w like Computer Engineering does. If any, I'd say CE is more "general" than CS is. With CS however, you get more "freedom" than CE with ur s/w courses IMO.

I am a CE guy myself, and I have friends working at Microsoft, Amazon, ATI, EA games, etc. So, with a CE degree you can find programming jobs at big companies such as these also.

The dude working at EA didn't really take any "graphics" courses on campus. He was just good at what he does in that area. Go into an interview and just show what you've done :).. Even though a graphics course doesn't hurt. :)

If you want to go into game development, and have no interest in h/w, I still recommend CS. If it's a good university, there will be lots of related graphics type courses for you to take. Learn 3D modelling, shading, textures, etc. etc. :)

That's what I meant...

man ... is this hard .. since joing this forum i have come to like h/w and such .... i can major is like Cs or Ce and minor in like Mutimedia ?? right .... hmm.... right now ... i have photoshop still learning it ... over the summer i picked up how to Program C++ in 30 days its a sams book .. yeah i never started it .. but now that i know more than i should be able to learn somthing ad see if programming is for me ... but yeah i love drawing and designs . im in a major jam:D but thanks for all your help guys i still have 3 years to decide;)

question...... i live in nj dont wanna go 2 far ... anybody know anything like close i mean no further than 2-3 states

Heh, don't worry...most colleges will send stuff your way til you get ready to freak. Although, when you get into high school, your career counselor should help you in your decisions. Don't put too much thought into this now, start thinking hard your Junior year.

yeah ... im a freshmiester ..... my parents paid money for a perosnal collage conseleor and i have to fill out forms and they find collages for me .. .thats why i kinda asked this question the also help pay for collage .. its called collage partnership .. its pretty cool

Formal english it is collage. The american way of saying it is college though. It is the same for colour and many other words that originally developed in england :).

raross said:
Formal english it is collage. The american way of saying it is college though. It is the same for colour and many other words that originally developed in england :).

Formal English? Bah.

He is in the USA...it would look pretty bad typing or writing "Collage" on apps or essays.

It's alright, I used to spell it wrong all the time too.

gamegu..... 1 thing .. i was reading your sig itsays 1gb PGI...lol thanks for your help ... oo yeah ... i have this list that CP sent me to pick my major ...i ca npick 3 .. i picked CE CS and Grafic design ... are those the choices i should be making ...i mean i didnt sent it out yet .. if you know of another major i see if its on the list and maybe rearange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom