What do you guys do for a living

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do all you guys do for a living (the main posters of this site) - are most of you in IT jobs?

I am finding it difficult to get a job in IT and was thinking about starting a bit of Home Desktop Support - as there must be lots of PCs out there that could do with being tuned up. Could anyone advise me or give me any tips related to this?

Software developer. There may be a lot of PCs that need looking at but there are a lot of people who can/want to look at them many will do so for very little/no money. Trying to make a living is going to be pretty difficult.

Software developer. There may be a lot of PCs that need looking at but there are a lot of people who can/want to look at them many will do so for very little/no money. Trying to make a living is going to be pretty difficult.

is that the same or close to being a software engineer? if so..how is the job market/pay?

student...hopefully going to be a ^^^^^^ when i'm out :\

is that the same or close to being a software engineer? if so..how is the job market/pay?

student...hopefully going to be a ^^^^^^ when i'm out :\

AFAIK programmer, developer and software engineer seem to be interchangable terms to describe someone who designs software systems and writes code, so yes. However I cannot be much help with the job market/pay since we most likely live in different countries. General idea though it's a good job to have.

I did work for AT&T Wireless, but I just quit there a couple weeks ago since we're moving. Currently unemployed, looking for work.

KC has loads of good points about starting a business. I'm actually in the processor of doing the same thing, and trust me when I say it will drive you crazy. I don't even have my business license yet and I'm tearing out my hair. But once you get everything ironed down, you will be glad you did everything right in the beginning.

AFAIK programmer, developer and software engineer seem to be interchangable terms to describe someone who designs software systems and writes code, so yes. However I cannot be much help with the job market/pay since we most likely live in different countries. General idea though it's a good job to have.

excuse my ignorance of that part...too blind to notice the word "England" under your location...sorry about that.

On the side i help fix/repair/build/clean computers.

But otherwise I'm a flight attendant.
My plans this year is to go back to school and try doing both and getting a degree that mixes business and computers since I love the marketing area and I love working with computer hardware...looking somewhere along the lines in becoming a Consultant.

On the side i help fix/repair/build/clean computers.

otherwise I'm a flight attendant.

That's an ideal match: computers and flying! i've always said to myself, that things are a lot clearer when viewed from 30,000 feet - but hey, that's me in philosophical mode again!

Back to original point though - I am doing volunteer IT support now, starting my MCSA and gathering any knowledge I can really. I really need to spend more time on practical (ie beta testing, set ups et) instead of theory (the how and why things work), suppose that's what my hons degree taught me as it was a BA and not a Bsc. In Britain - BA is a Bachelor of Arts which is more creative than a Bsc which is a Bachelor of Science. Atleast, thats my interpretation which is easy to conclude; arts and science - the trick is once you have a balance betweent them both no one can understand what you mean because you think on a completly different level! This is starting to sound like something out of the Matrix - so best leave it there! ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom