What do Certs give you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
I got my CompTIA A+ Certification earlier this month, and am now working for the Network+ and Security+ as well. I know they are a way of telling an employer what you are capable of doing, but do any perks come from a certification other than a better chance to get a job? I'm talking about anything like servicing a computer and not getting sued if something breaks. That sort of thing. Do certified technicians get any "perks" with the cert?

I just want to know if all my certification means is an employer knows what I'm capable of doing or if there is more than that.

I've heard of some shops giving discounts to certified customers but other than that I haven't seen much else with my certifications. Its just eye candy for a resume.

The certifications are not meant to give you much other than showing employers you know what you are talking about in a certain field. It works like that in any field, human resources, medical, etc. Some jobs require you to have certain certifications - so i guess in that regard they give you direct compensation.

The only thing i've really gotten out of my certifications aside from experience, knowledge and marketability in the job market are news letters from CompTIA about upcoming events. Microsoft gives you a few extra things like the ability to post your resume through their MCP website to employers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom