What degree program should I get into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

In Runtime
I love hardware, I started to get into Web Master but I couldnt stand it. I switched to Computer Networking it was not that bad. I am going back to start fresh. I can build computers, do some clean-up, and spot bad parts. I have a baby comming in about 2 weeks and I need to get rolling on a degree to help me get a decent job. Any Suggestions? I am enrolling at a community college BTW.

Would I be better off getting my A+ Certification, getting a job, then attending night classes for my degree?

i suggest get the a+. Then, get a job in the feild. This maybe pretty hard, but i think worse comes to worst goto a job recruiting office. They should be able to find you something at least as a temp. Then or while seeking a job, goto school for computer engineering. Don't go for more of the programming side but more of the electrical engineering side. That will get you working/building hardware.

actually, you may want to look into electrical engineering as a major. then when you complete a 2 year degree, look for a school that has a computer minor

Is there a big difference between ellectrical engineering and Computer ebgineering. If you go for electrical engineering do you still work with computers?

during my time at school for computer network engineering, i shared some classes with electrical engineers. we learned ac/dc and digital circuitry. Some of the math is similar too, such as trig & physics.

i figure comp engineering would lay the same foundation. working with circuits and energy which requires the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom