WHat can be done with a Computer Engineer degree?is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adida948

Solid State Member
Hello,

Question 1: For those who have a Computer Engineering degree or know about this career, could you please tell me what is it that you do in this field?

Question : Once I graduate, what kind of jobs would i be able to perform?

Reflexion: Since, Compute Engineer incorporates classes from Computer Science and Electrical Engineering I believe that you don't really focus on one thing, as you would in computer science or electrical engineering.Therefore, does this career serve as a tool to let you decide what you could do after college?
Say I graduate as a Computer Engineer and since It'll be exposed to Electrical Engineering, i might realize CEn is the career i would like specialize in. Same goes to Cs, since programming is given in computer Engineering, i might decide that my future life could be writing codes and creating good software. Then, i might decide to take a masters in C.S.

So from my perspective having a degree might be beneficial. But i am not entirely sure. So i go back to this topic's title. Is Computer Engineering worth to study?

Could you guys understand me what i am trying to say?
This is very important for me. I am in college, and right now is my opportunity to either change my major or stay with the one i have(CS),.

I would really appreciate if you reply.
-Dimitri

Do what interests you. If you do CoE, you'll take some digital design courses and some programming courses (like Operating Systems).

There are many tradeoffs of being a comp eng vs an electrical eng, and the other way around. It also depends on what type of work you want to do. If you want to go work on processors (for AMD/Intel), comp eng might be the way to go, but also you can do EE and take more comp-architecture courses.

It all depends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom