Types of entry level positions in IT

I've found that certain companies (more than most people realize) don't bother with online job boards or people applying through their websites. They go through recruiters. I can't say what the best way is to approach a recruiter because i never did it - i was always approached.

Your best bet is to put your resume out there on dice.com, monster, careerbuilder, roberhalf technologies, etc. I found probably a dozen places after you start looking for them on the internet. I end up googling for a specific job and you'll find a dozen different job board websites.

Also a word of advise, don't let your resume go stale. After about a week update it. It may sound weird but you will get far more hits on those sites when you update your resume. Those sites have the ability to sort by date.

Ok great, thanks for the advice!! I'll keep you posted on what happens and return to this thread if I come up with any questions. Thanks again! I'm really excited about finally getting into a field I have a real interest in!

Back
Top Bottom