thinking about going back to school, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

j115511

Solid State Member
I went to school a few years back and dropped out/failed now I am thinking about going back for round 2. I was thinking about going back for computer technology at a local community college. I figured i spend so much time on my computer anyways and i enjoyed putting together my current computer, though i built it a few years ago and am thinking about making another when i get the money. i was going to take this program here Computer Technology | Academics . I was thinking about starting off taking a couple classes while i work then move into a full time student. I am not really sure what the endgame is, but I was thinking about being an IT person. If anyone could give me advice on anything to know about going into this id really appreciate it. thanks.

How much experience do you currently have with computers, networking, programming, software, hardware?

What program were you in that you dropped out of / failed, and why do you think you failed?

Is this local community college respected in the working world?

Does this local community college have a thorough and respectable Computer Science department/program?

Which couple of classes were you thinking of taking?

What do you eventually want to do for work? Being an "IT" person is a very broad and often confusing terminology.

I think you should do what feels right to you, and what is practical as well as something that will help you find employment. Trust me, no one likes to be unemployed, so just make sure that what you are doing will get you work.

Here are some things for you to think about: Which of the following is most interesting to you and why?
Programming? Web Development? Networking? Help Desk / Technician? Project Management? Security?

You need to start thinking about all of this, and if a lot of this is overwhelming, don't worry, I'm still overwhelmed and I'm in my second year of pursuing my Computer Science degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom