Thinking about attaining degree in Network Administration; questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldarocks

Beta member
I'm looking at going to a technological institute and getting my degree in Network Administration; as such, I was wondering: with the advent of Cloud-computing, should I even bother going into IT with the intentions of becoming a SysAdmin? What with the automation, ease of implementation, and growing popularity of cloud computing, I've read that the position of Sys or NetAdmin could become obsolete as more and more businesses venture into the Cloud and local servers and infrastructures become a thing of the past. Could anybody provide their perspective on this dilemma?

Who do you think will be needed to administer the cloud? It seems to me that cloud computing would put Networking skills into greater demand, not less.

Who do you think is maintaining that imaginary cloud? Do you think they just say it and your information is magically stored in the marketing gimmic that is the cloud and all of your stuff is accessible from anywhere?

I'm with strollin, if anything the cloud popularity is only going to make system admin and networking jobs in more demand. We are the ones that companies will be hiring to support all of those servers and network infrastructure require to have something like 'the cloud' even work.

I've also been looking at an associates in Computer Networking and Troubleshooting Technology, this is because the degree in network administration is listed as a certification option; I take it I should go with the associates?

My opinion is that an Associates degree is one that you earn while working on your BS or BA. It shouldn't be your ultimate goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom