TechSkills

Status
Not open for further replies.

s10237

Baseband Member
I am thinking of going to TechSkills campus near here. Still not sure what I wont to do as a career and don't know if the computer worlds job market is in high demand, you tell me. Anyone have any info. on Techskills. My main worry is after getting certified will I have a job somewhere. What should I start out as first I am thibking A+ it would be actually fun I think no long math, sciecne and all those other classes I am taking now. Any ideas, thoughts?

i'll put it to you like this. with the job market being flooded in most every major city, and most small ones these days A+ is like going to grade school. with A+ you are considered to have enough knowledge to work temp work and install a pc. that's about it. if you want a boost into the career in computers you will need no less than your MCSE or something along those lines. but an MCSE is like the next MBA. a place like TechSkills is awsome for a foot in the door with job placement, but with A+, don't expect to do more than installing network cards, cable, DSL or something basic (if you can find that sort of job) now adays there are more and more 4 year degrees in the industry... and more and more now it's all based on experience, Catch 22 is now BIG time in computers...
so i would say, yes go to school, go to TechSkills, but if you want to get anywhere, AIM HIGHER than A+. you need MCP, MCSA, CCNA, something like that before you have a chance a a decent steady (real) job.

Good luck, and wish you the best of luck, once you've got a foot in the door, it is a very fun and rewarding career choice! and once in, the sky is the limit!!!

also, here in the south... it's not what you know, but who you know! so contacts at TechSkills and job placement like that are invaluable oportunities when you are just getting started.

Thanks I appreciate the reply. I was saying I wont to get my A+ first and then I will persure other certifications. I do feel the market is flooded as you said. That is my main worry. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom