TechRepublic's 2009 Salary Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it depends on the market, but i've been looking every day for the past two months and in the midwest an A+ certification with a year experience will get you 30k, 35k at most.

I just look at some of those numbers and don't believe it, or would really like to see how they asked the questions. So an A+ gets 10k more than a MCDST?

I mean more and more places are requiring it. But one thing is, yea most home town shops require it now, but also big places such as Hitachis IT department in KY also requires it for everyone, which easily can bring the "average" income of an A+ tech up.

The A+ has changed ALOT, that does seem a tad high.
but i started to get my A+ in 2001 and it was hella easier than the amount of training I am going through now. (family reasons I had to quit)
They added alot and made it much more technical.
Its not a "dummy" Cert anymore. as I have heard it called.
The basic book is 1110 pages i have and there are 12 different areas of study.
and thats just the 220-604 add
602 and 603

also demand is going up like nursing there is a shortage driving up salaries.. my wife teaches at a local college and there are always 3 times the amount of kids in "heating and air conditioning" and stuff like that than the
A+ courses.
and many people leave regular hardware and A+ related jobs for higher ones so they are in contstant demand with noone filling them.
I am not even finished with mine and was hired within 2 weeks of looking for a tech support job
with a Global software co. doing tech support. but I had to pass some knowledge assesments.
I have friends that are programmers and CISCO and they tell me all the time that there is a shortage of techs. might just be in my area in Ohio.
A mechanic these days makes 60+ easy so should a tech if we want people to go for tech degree's. / cert's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom