technology computer degrees, programs, certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
What computer degree should I get?
Should I get certified in java?
What technology job or degree pays the most money?
What computer degree with offer me the best career?
Should I become an computer expert in one degree or become a jack of all trades?

These questions and more are the focus of this forum topic?

I hope everyone can offer your questions, opinions, and answers.
Thanks

i currenlty have my A+ and im working on my CCNA, then i will try for my MCSE, after that my permanent job with dictate what other degrees i get, any1 have any suggestions on what i should go for?

i'm interested in getting A+ certified myself to start off with.. but thinking of doing it online...anyone with any online course suggestions for reasonable prices.. thanks in advance

I've got a worthless BS in CS, with an emphasis in programming... the job market is just terrible right now for programmers.

Job market is terrible for everything. I can't find a job with A+/Network+ if I had too. Even psych jobs are hard to find...at least research oriented ones. Good luck, Psycluded.

Quantum said:
Job market is terrible for everything. I can't find a job with A+/Network+ if I had too. Even psych jobs are hard to find...at least research oriented ones. Good luck, Psycluded.

.....[edited by larry] ....jobs are there, takes some effort and you must look for them, besides the school where I am going has job placement for all students. Might not be what you want to be doing but sure puts some money in the pocketbook.

Oh god, not this again....

For the record, I'd like to state that I've been looking for almost every type of job in the book that I'm qualified for and can find nothing. Right now the only chance I have for a job is a friend of mine that works at a restaurant, yes a restaurant. Right now I'll work just about anywhere to make an honest living.

I 'tried' the computer field and still want to at some point, but guess what, I'm not experienced enough for anyone to consider me for a job in that field. The only thing I can think to do is start my own business, building PC's, working on them for ppl etc, and yes I 'can' do that regardless if you want to believe it or not. If it works, it works. If not, oh well, life goes on. Besides, I thought the topic was to 'help' ppl with their questions, not tell someone to go see a psych. Jeez...

dethangel, you can probably work on what you're doing and then see what happens. That's just about all I can tell you, bro. That's really all I can say to any of you, that and good luck :)

stormy78 said:
Oh god, not this again....

For the record, I'd like to state that I've been looking for almost every type of job in the book that I'm qualified for and can find nothing. Right now the only chance I have for a job is a friend of mine that works at a restaurant, yes a restaurant. Right now I'll work just about anywhere to make an honest living.

I 'tried' the computer field and still want to at some point, but guess what, I'm not experienced enough for anyone to consider me for a job in that field. The only thing I can think to do is start my own business, building PC's, working on them for ppl etc, and yes I 'can' do that regardless if you want to believe it or not. If it works, it works. If not, oh well, life goes on. Besides, I thought the topic was to 'help' ppl with their questions, not tell someone to go see a psych. Jeez...

dethangel, you can probably work on what you're doing and then see what happens. That's just about all I can tell you, bro. That's really all I can say to any of you, that and good luck :)

As I said, it might not be doing what you want to be doing but work is work and = $ in pocket. YES, there are a lot of jobs out there and no body needs to give you a road map to wal-mart for we are sure you know your way, and they are always hiring specially with the holidays right around the corner.

I also seen ads in the paper for burger king and as you mentioned restaurants, nothing wrong with that unless you can't swallow pride.

Just got home from class and stopped at Lowes on the way home, big sign on the Entrance doors "NOW HIRING" and that was just one place I stopped. Which just goes to prove jobs are out there and sure there are others.

Quantum said:
Kirk, not all of us can live off unemployment benefits for over a year. If anyone needs a job, you do. BTW, my univesity does have job placement but economy is bad. Kirk, when is the last time you actually earned anything?

To answer your question last week, Volunteer at the school to help rebuild the network at the new campus, plus business coming in for me and a partner from network support ads placed in local paper and contry peddler, goes to show you haven't touched a paper to look for a job.

Best school and certification to get !!!

Hi All,

I have had an excellent experience in my Cisco certification process and I feel necessary to share it with you. I took my training at Epsolon Networks Inc. and I was able to do my CCDA, Network+ as well as CCNA through their curriculum. They have an excellent instructor that teaches based on his experience in the field and they have THE BEST lab you can imagine.
They are very considerate and they also helped me get a job as soon as I passed my CCNA. They give the first two classes free for you to try and so their classes are risk free. They have one of the lowest fees too.
Worth a try if you want to do Cisco certification like CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, Network+, Firewall, voice over technology and so on.
Feel free to call them if you have any questions or you may check their website at http://wwww.epsolon.com

Well, by looking, I mean putting in applications, sending resume's etc. I sit by the phone day after day and keep my cell phone turned on for any contacts: Nothing. I can send a mile long list to everyone here stating everywhere I've been in the past year and a half If you don't believe me, you can ask a 'very good friend' of mine.

Yes, I do have pride in myself and standards of where I will only work, but in times like this when the economy is in shambles and university students dominate the workforce, that pride is washed away and the only alternative is to work where I can. Does anyone here have any idea what I'm going through here? Broke, barely enough money to put food on your table, buy clothes, take care of two animals that care dearly for and pay your bills? The only things I have to be thankful for is a loving father who provides his home for a place to live. I think anyone else would be out on the street or sleeping in a homeless shelter. Now, I don't mean to drag this topic along while trying to get it back on subject, but so help me god I will get my point across. Try living in my situation and maybe you'll open your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom