subject for a follow up to an interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I just went for an interview a week ago, i have not heard from the guy as yet. I was planning to email him, what should the subject for the email be?

Follow up to Interview (that sounds so bland?)

yes, the interview was last thursday, and they said they would get back to me middle of next week(that is this week).

one of thew interviewing guys gave me his card with his email id and phone number,

some one advised me that i email him since he could reply to the email at his leisure.

you think i should call him or email him then?

i would email. then i would call him on friday or the week after. you have to be aggressive and persistant. but remember to not confuse persistance with being annoying or rude.

yes, i am real confused to whether i should email or call,

after all the dude is a director, and he is gonna be busy, but on the other hand he called me instead of mailing me(but then again, that's his prerogative).

he did give me his business card, does that mean use the phone number on it or use the email address on it when contacting me.

since he has not been back to me in the middle of the week, i guess that means he is pretty busy.

so this line of reasoning suggests that i should email him, what should the subject of that email be

i thought "Follow up to Interview" would be a good one, what do you guys think?

hope the director aint subscribed to this forum :)

here is what my follow up letter reads

"
I would like to thank you & Mr. Choi for taking the time to interview me for openings in the Widgets Group at mojotech. I was wondering if you had arrived at a decision yet.

Please let me know if I could provide you with any additional information about my background and goals and I look forward to hear from you.

Many Thanks
"

what do you guys think and what should my subject header be?

i just came up with a new draft, please comment on it

I would like to thank You and, Mr. Ching, for taking the time to interview me for openings at the Widgnet group of mytech. It was a pleasure to have spoken with you. The time spent, reaffirms my desire to join your group.I hope a decision has been taken on the matter.

Please let me know if I could provide you with any additional information about my background and goals. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards

Subject for the email is :Rickie Spades: Interview 3 June 2004

I would call... don't hessitate to call. Just be polite and try not to be pushy. Greet him/her very friendly and say something like "I hope I am not interrupting any important buisness I just wanted to get in contact with you once again regarding our discussion last week. " something like that. just be nice and keep the conversation on a happy note if possible (even if they are not having a nice day ... cheer them up a little). Don't be Scurred.. they are just people like you and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom