Studying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
Hi. I am going to start studying very hard. Not sure what grades counts in the US for college/university (heard it was 10th) but my current school in the Puerto Rico is 9th grade. I want to start learning and getting ready so when I go to college I will be able to start with a good paying job. I currently don't know what to study or want to be but im sure I want to study about Computer and Tech stuff. If you guys know what I should start studying to look good in my application, please tell me. I am currently in all honor/enriched classes except spanish and currently know 3 languages (Chinese(from family only understand and speak little), Spanish(medium), and English) so that will help me also. I aint sure if I want to study little about Law. I am thinking of having multiple jobs to get enough money. In my Pre-SAT, I got average scores. Critical Reading and Writing Skills, I got 30s and in mathematics I got 40s. Too bad I was sick that day.

Most computer courses use a surprising amount of maths, so definately focus on that, but unless you want to be a customer sales person or something like that, I don't think english is too much of a big thing. The most you'll use that for is writing up problem summaries of networks, or maybe a letter to some complaining so and so.
so basically, do maths.

You're obviously going to have to concentrate on computer stuffs too, e.g. different operating systems, hardware, software, networking. Get as much practice as you can.

Most computer courses use a surprising amount of maths, so definately focus on that, but unless you want to be a customer sales person or something like that, I don't think english is too much of a big thing. The most you'll use that for is writing up problem summaries of networks, or maybe a letter to some complaining so and so.
so basically, do maths.

You're obviously going to have to concentrate on computer stuffs too, e.g. different operating systems, hardware, software, networking. Get as much practice as you can.

Ok thanks. i know english more than any other language but my vocabulary is not like the SAT words. Like what math do I need to know. in my school we are in Algebra 1.

You're obviously going to have to concentrate on computer stuffs too, e.g. different operating systems, hardware, software, networking.

thanks that what i wanted but is there a website that shows computer stuff like it shows all the operating system, programming languages, ect...

In the course I'm doing atm, we're using trig and calc the most. Know your sin/cos/tan and knowing how to differentiate/integrate will help you. That stuff you'll use when you use CRO's, or diagnosing a cct.

As to gathering knowledge on pc's, the best way to learn is through actual experience. Reading about something will help, but you should try and get hold of some hardware and just play around with it, try setting up a few networks.
Where I am, there's bulk rubbish where everyone ditches whatever they don't want on the curb once a year, I just grab all the computers and fix/keep/sell them :).
When you need more info or if you get stuck, google is your friend:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom