Study methods/options advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikehende

Baseband Member
I stumbled upon a site today and was wondering if this might be a really good way to study for the A+ exam? Some Techs I have spoken to says the way they studied was to read the book from beginning to end to familiarize themselves with everything then started narrowing things down by getting their hands on every test available, reading the questions and learning the answers as opposed to reading and re-reading the book or tutorials many times. Looks like this is what this site is preaching?

http://www.globalitcert.com/comptia-exam.htm

Please note that the Techs I mentioned do stress of course, hands on learning but we are talking about the the theoretical side of things here so is this a good idea to study by way of the method in the link above?

personally I bought 2 text books read 1 fully and had the other (prometric) for reference. I also used online CBTs, hands on experiance is good but i found my experiance of building/fixing dozens of computers over the years was ample.
practice tests are very usefull but I must say every practice test I too was way harder then the real thing. The practice tests had like an 80% pass mark where as the reall exams is about 65% also with the real exams you get 100 marks for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom