Staples Computer "Tech" Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinson

Daemon Poster
So, I'm a college student. I know alot about computers. I could assemble and disassemble most PCs blindfolded.

But no experience. At all. I worked my *** off in high school on actual school. I transferred into college as a junior with every concievable extra cirricular and some you couldn't concieve.

But I applied for a job at a PC tech. Any idea if this company would consider me even though I have no work experience? Anyone work/worked at this company and have any advice?

I applied online, and was planning on making a call on monday.

Their site lists experience as preferred but not required. Otherwise I wouldn't have even applied.

That is kind of the ultimate BS of IT. No one really looks at you unless you have experience, but you can't get experience without someone giving you a chance at a job.

If you are in college and you are going to graduate it is kind of expected you will have little to no REAL WORLD experience in your degree field. That is what you go to college for, to study and learn the field. Is your degree going to be in computers?

Depending on the company and the job you should be okay. PC tech is usually a 'gateway' job in which you have to start there before getting into other areas or higher positions within a company.

I have not worked for staples, but i'm sure you will do fine.

If Staples is anything like CC was, you have a good shot. I know the firedog people we had who were hired straight into it had experience, but I was offered to be firedog after I worked there for a year selling PC's, and that was my first job.

If you can prove you know what you're doing you should be ok, but I assume there's also a PC sales position at Staples that you could potentially grab and attempt to get bumped up to a tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom