Sr. Production Network Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenewData

Beta member
I have a position in Austin, TX that I am trying to fill. I included in this message a copy of the essential job functions and requirements for this position. Please forward a copy of your resume if you are interested in speaking with me about the position to rjackson@renewdata.com. Please visit our website at http://renewdata.com

Essential Functions:

The Senior Production Network Administrator is responsible for the daily management and operations of the production networks. Responsibilities include design, setup, configuration, and developing and maintaining standards. This person will also be responsible for telecommunications and networking between all production data centers. This person will also be responsible for developing, maintaining, and testing disaster recovery and business continuity services over the network.

• Manage and support a production datacenter network.

• Develop systems and strategies to monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot production networks.

• Configure, and maintain production network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, VPN concentrators, etc.

• Design, select, and install network equipment, network connections to outside providers.

• Develop process and procedures for network administration that can be used by operations staff.

• Develop and implement network security plans.

• Support AV Operations staff.

Job Requirements:

• Four year BA or BS degree. Previous work experience may be used to augment education.

• Five years or more experience working with networks in a production environment.

• Five or more years experience working with Unix and/or Linux based operating systems.

• Deep understanding of network protocols and concepts, especially regarding security.

• Experience working with network security equipment such as firewalls and virtual private networks. Cisco equipment preferred.

• Experience with Fibre-switched networks preferred.

• Experience working with telecommunications providers provisioning leased networks.

• Ability to train and mentor other administrators to assist with day-to-day activities.

• Excellent oral and written communication skills.

• Ability to exercise independent judgment, work with minimal supervision.

• Willing to take periodic 24x7 on call work

• CCNA or better preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom