Recruiter **** (how can people be so horrible?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerx69

Solid State Member
Is anyone out there dealing with these horrible recruiters? If you're looking for work then you must be. Looking at every job board all you see are staffing companies ect ect..
They are such horrible people too. They never get back in touch with you in a timely manner and end up bringing you in with the promise of contract work when in fact the scumbags dont even have the contract yet. I dont want to step on any toes here, but I could mention several of these greasy companies that I would stay far far away from.
This countries job market is so messed up that Obama is not going to be able to do anything about it. We should have unionized IT years ago. Then there would be no network analyst jobs that only pay $14 per/hr. :cool:

Yes, i'm right there with you to an extent. I really think you have to find the right company AND person to work your profile. I worked with Teksystems for a bit and the company was great, but the guy that had my profile sucked really really really bad.

You just need to find the right company. I had really bad experiences with Robert Half, Teksystems, and one other.

Also think of the economy, it is hard as heck to get a decent job in this market, especially with all of the layoffs. So you have overqualified people taking entry level positions from people who are wanting to get into IT.

You said it. I worked a short contract with a telecom guy who had over 25 yrs in the field, yet he was doing tier 2 desktop support for almost min wage. Teksystems is the only decent one I have found to be honest with you. I am so sick of waiting for e-mails or phone calls from these people. They string you along just enough and then make you wait wait wait for any news. Like I said, they are just horrible people and should not be in the business of dealing with people at all. It takes 30 seconds to call someone and give them any kind of update. Wondering why some of these staffing companies hire such poor quality employees.

Well, in reality, it's not just the IT world. Every industry is suffering. In fact, IT jobs aren't suffering nearly as much as most other fields. My neighbor is an accountant with 25 years of experience, and he's been out of work for 8 months now. It's just terrible to think about. I hope every day that by the time I'm looking for jobs (In roughly 6 years) that the economy will be in better shape.

Dealing with recruitment companies from the other end is also a night mare, I am currently looking for 1 programmer and so far who they have sent me is 1 web developer, 2 guys who can bairly use a computer and one guy who needed a shower (guy reeked of vinegar).

The best recruitment guy I have ever met is a teacher and he has sent me 3 people and they all fit the bill, I am glad I have such a good relationship with him he is even pulling extra time to replace some work a guy didn't finish an left with no warning.

I am curiouse who is located where when talking about IT jobs?
I am in N Ohio and there seems to be 2 jobs always in the news Nurses and IT there are alot of jobs in Cleveland i recently saw.

I'm with Teksystems right now, they've been good for the last couple of gigs but they don't have anything going now an the recruiter who's supposed to be fighting for me is doing what I'd consider a substandard job. I think if I get anything through them it'll be pure luck.

Ya the recruiter sucked that I delt with. Straigh up said 'you are underqualified and no one is going to hire you as they would have to do on the job training.'

Funny, all the contract positions i have seen are for $35-55 a hour. Perhaps it's you.

As for union, if your time is only worth $15 a hour .. who are you to force your employer to pay you more.

Yes, i'm right there with you to an extent. I really think you have to find the right company AND person to work your profile. I worked with Teksystems for a bit and the company was great, but the guy that had my profile sucked really really really bad.

You just need to find the right company. I had really bad experiences with Robert Half, Teksystems, and one other.

Also think of the economy, it is hard as heck to get a decent job in this market, especially with all of the layoffs. So you have overqualified people taking entry level positions from people who are wanting to get into IT.

How was Teksystems? i was hearing about that from my friend and he recommended it. What about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom