Questions about IT certifications ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricklai

Beta member
HI :

I'm consider getting some computer education (maybe online) and not sure where to start. With all the wide array of computer courses that offer by private school, community college or online study¡K , I am very confuse where should began. I do know how to build computer and sometime help friends fix their computer problem. I'm not a computer genius or anything, but I can operate one better than most people. I¡¦m interested in IT Security and no clue where to start.

Question:
1. Should I first get A+ certified? Or can I skip A+ and go directly to any other program such as: Networking +, Security +, CIW, E-Commerce. ¡KEtc.
2. If I can self-study A+, Network + or IT Security ... What kind of study material would you suggest?
3. What is the procedure of getting A+ or Network + exam?

Thanks for any of your input.

1. I would recommend starting with A+ because you will get alot of the basics down really well, however, you can skip it and move on if you would like.

2. You can self study for any exam, but getting hands on experience is really crucial in a learning environment and a classroom structure is good for gaining concepts that are not completly understood on your own.

3. All you have to do is decide on a cert, gather the knowledge and study, then you can sign up for the test at www.2test.com or www.prometric.com and select a testing center close to you.

Is there anywhere (Websites) that provides information on A+ and then tests you? Exam based?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom