Question for recent A+ test takers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
I am looking to take my A+ exam shortly after the turn of the new year. My question is simple, when I look at a lot of the information covered in study guides I know **** well a lot of it will not be covered in the actual test. For those of you who have taken the current version of the exam, are there any areas that are a larger focus (fyi I will be taking the technician version of the test).

Each Test is unique. While they may have a test that focuses on a certina part of the course your test may not. Your test may have more questions based on a different point of expertise. So you could have focused on the wrong thing.

Don't focus in one area would be my first piece of advise. The next one would be to not focus on the specifics like speed of USB and IRQ numbers, but understand how to impliment them into a real life situation. I know that sounds obscure, but I really focused in on knowing the numbers, and when I took the test it was mostly about "sally has a computer issue, she can't turn on her computer, what should you check first."

Those are more the type of questions you will get. Keep in mind I took the essentials and IT tech questions, so mine were more based on real-life troubleshooting with customers. The setup of the exam is MUCH better then previous versions, where you just had to remember numbers. Now you have to understand the parts and how they work, opposed to just knowing what a DMA was.

That is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to know Lex. Preparing for a numbers and facts test is completely different than a situational based test and honestly I much prefer being asked to solve a situation over raw facts.

Oh, and my other piece of advice would be to purchase an A+ (600 exams are the most recent) by Mike Meyers.

Great focking author.

I haven't taken the latest version. Mine is from 2003, but a lot of the same principals still apply. If you want some examples of test questions, I know a place where you can download some brain dumps. PM me if you are interested.

3GHz is a die size? Sorry but that is the speed. Not the die size. If i am not mistaken are they not LGA775 that uses 65nm.

We'll give you a pop quiz on here to get you ready :).

Quick what's the die size of an E8400?!?!?! :p
An example of what i guarantee they won't ask you on the exam. :)

They will ask about most used socket types though, what type of processor Apple uses, and things why someone can't use a 40 foot printer cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom