A+ Question please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feldm4n First I would like to say ..welcome aboard. Pc repair is great it is always something different. I will tell you up front, I took the old A+, DOS up to win95, there is some usefull stuff, but most of it you will never use. You have to get the best grade you can and you need the cert. The cert gets you the inyerview. The day has passed for a face to face for everybody that applies for an IT job. Your resume represents you now. They look for certification and experience, then the interview. If you can , take college level computer courses as opposed to thees 3 month MCSE mills. Beyond that you will learn more usefull info from your fellow techs. Read, read read, beyond the A+ books. Google questions that you have and join groups like this, also do not believe everthing. Get a computer job as soon as you can, and do not think any pc job is beyond you, as much as I hate to mention this company..get a job at Compusa or Microcenter, they may pay for your schooling or part of it , plus they do repairs. They may start you off doing repairs after you show them you can do repairs.

yeah, but im sure you dont want to do PC Repair for the rest of your life so go to college :]. Best advice someone can ever give you, but im sure you already know that.

MOST deffinately the college....I liked college, if I won the lottery today....i would quit my job and hang out in college, get a degree in every ology I could...ha ha ha

yep i got my a+ in school.Im Now in school to become a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA). A+ is a good start another great one to have under your belt would be net+.

A+, Like everyone already said, Is pretty much the first Cert you should get, it is also probably the easiest and will not earn you much $$ at all,
Im currently studying for A+ and Network+ with CCNA and Linux+ next and plan to get a BD in Computer information Systems.

You dont really need to get those entry level certs if you are getting a 4 year degree. I got most of mine when I was around 16 and the only reason I did get them is because I loved learning and had nothing else to do.

apokalipse said:
can you take the A+ certification test in Australia?

Schedule Appointment
DIMENSION DATA LEARNING SOLUTIONS
ADELAIDE, South Australia 5000
Phone: 882368200 Site Code: ASR 4TH FLOOR, 139 FROME STREET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule Appointment
View Test Site Web Site EXCOM EDUCATION - BRISBANE
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
Phone: 738397706 Site Code: AS105 Level 2
549 Queen Street

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule Appointment
BRISBANE, Queensland 4000
Phone: 32212444 Site Code: ASQ LEVEL 12, 307 QUEEN STREET

Schedule Appointment
IT TRAINING SOLUTIONS
BRISBANE, Queensland 4000
Phone: 32329700 Site Code: AS11 Ground Floor
62 Astor Terrace
Spring Hill

Schedule Appointment
KIMBERLEY TAFE - BROOME
BROOME, Western Australia 6725
Phone: 91929100 Site Code: AS84 BROOME CAMPUS
Cable Beach Road
PO Box 1380

Schedule Appointment
View Test Site Web Site INTOUCH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
BURWOOD, New South Wales 2134
Phone: 97455776 Site Code: AS128 LEVEL 1 No. 41 GEORGE ST EAST

Schedule Appointment
CANBERRA, Australian Capital Territ 2600
Phone: 62637902 Site Code: AST LEVEL 10
221-223 LONDON CIRCUIT

Schedule Appointment
View Test Site Web Site WIZARD COMPUTER TRAINING
CANBERRA, Australian Capital Territ 2601
Phone: 62750730 Site Code: AS124 15 BARRY DRIVE
TURNER

Schedule Appointment
View Test Site Web Site CSM TECHNOLOGY
DARWIN, Northern Territory 0810
Phone: 89842552 Site Code: AS123 20 CATTERTHUN STREET
WINNELLIE

Schedule Appointment
3TI PTY LTD
DUBBO, New South Wales 2830
Phone: 268856881 Site Code: AS66 70 TALBRAGAR STREET

Schedule Appointment
THE QUILL CONSULTANCY
HOBART, Tasmania 7000
Phone: 3 6231 0577 Site Code: ASB 34 PATRICK STREET

Schedule Appointment
View Test Site Web Site ASPIRENCE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
LAVINGTON, New South Wales 2641
Phone: 0260495999 Site Code: AS125 LEVEL 1,
318 URANA ROAD

Schedule Appointment
EDS LTD
LOCKLEYS, South Australia
Phone: 84647358 Site Code: AS127 25 PIERSON STREET

Schedule Appointment
New Horizons Computer Learning Centre
MELBOURNE, Victoria 3000
Phone: 396703366 Site Code: AS29 LEVEL 2, 31 QUEEN STREET

Schedule Appointment
View Test Site Web Site CLICKSTART MELBOURNE
MELBOURNE, Victoria 3000
Phone: 1300737374 Site Code: AS108 LEVEL 4, 405 BOURKE STREET

Schedule Appointment
BOX HILL INSTITUTE
MELBOURNE, Victoria 3128
Phone: 392869830 Site Code: AS36 853 WHITEHORSE ROAD
1ST FLOOR NELSON CAMPUS
CORNER OF NELSON & WHITEHORSE RD
BOX HILL

Schedule Appointment
MONASH UNIVERSITY - CITY OFFICE
MELBOURNE, Victoria 3000
Phone: 86228900 Site Code: AS82 LEVEL 10, 190 QUEEN STREET

Schedule Appointment
ADVANCED TRAINING
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Phone: 9600 3600 Site Code: ASZ Level 3, 85 QUEEN STREET

Schedule Appointment
TORRENS VALLEY INST. OF TAFE
MODBURY, South Australia 5092
Phone: 882072733 Site Code: AS83 100 SMART ROAD

Schedule Appointment
NEW HORIZONS NEWCASTLE
NEWCASTLE WEST, New South Wales 2300
Phone: 249262009 Site Code: AS60 9 Denison St (after 22 Dec)
L4,175 Scott St (before 22 Dec

Result Pages: Page 1 Page 2

I got this from the prometric website:

http://securereg3.prometric.com/Welcome.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom