A question for anyone that has taken the CompTIA A+ 901 & 902 exams

martindm03

Beta member
Hello everyone, I recently completed a year long course at the Ace Institute of Technology in Manhattan, and bought 2 CompTIA vouchers for the A+ 901 and 902 exams. I received study materials for both exams which are two practice tests 100 questions each, and my question is for someone who has taken the exams, how relevant are these study questions to the actual tests?

I uploaded both PDF files to my public onedrive folder, if anyone could look them over and answer my question it would be greatly appreciated. I have done lots of studying, as well as the year long course, and I play around with hardware as well as build complete systems in my spare time. I did very well on these practice exams, but as I paid over $400 for both vouchers I want to be sure I'm ready for the tests as these questions seem a little too simple and easy for the actual certification exams.

Public OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AofQiw71kuHDdkp4ftGcH3UqNn8

A year long course for the A+?? I hope you didn't pay too much for that.
The A+ is about as easy as you probably think it is. It's their entry level exam. I passed it years ago with no class, though this was after I got my first IT job :tongue:

I took the 601/602 A+ exams years and years ago (I don't imagine that it's changed all that much), but I just recently went through a Sec+ course and took that test. The study guides/practice questions are all pretty similar--nothing really that directly translates to test material. Don't bother trying to memorize those questions and answers; I can almost guarantee that you aren't going to see them on the exams. The tests are more designed for you to put what you know to practical use.

A year long course for the A+?? I hope you didn't pay too much for that.
The A+ is about as easy as you probably think it is. It's their entry level exam. I passed it years ago with no class, though this was after I got my first IT job :tongue:

Well the year wasn't for A+ only, the A+ was the first course and only 10 weeks. I also took N+, security+, virtualization, CCNA, windows server, and linux server among others. It's basically a year long preparation course to get you ready for the certs, and I plan on beginning with my A+ and working up from there after I start working. So I should be okay then, I have a pretty good knowledge of hardware as I have been playin around with computers since the late 90's and have built many many systems over the years. I'm just a tad bit nervous and want to be sure I can do it.

Back
Top Bottom