Proof about A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
You know i've noticed only thing that really proves you have an A+ cert is you saying so on your resume. I mean, you may have a certificate but if an employer asks for it you can just say you lost it. But an employer doesnt spend but a few seconds looking over your resume deciding if you should be brought in for interview, he's not going to ask for proof of your certification. Just something I was thinking about, thanks.

I agree, but it's kindof the same thing with any credentials. You could say you have a BA in computer science from a University, do you think the employer actually checks that out, in most cases no.

I guess if you have the balls to lie on your resume, give it a shot LOL :)

Im not sure about A+ but the MS certs like MCP MCSA and yada yada have a microsoft card that shows your certs. I have been asked for my MCSE card many times.

I agree, do all M$ certs can be proved by a wallet card. Although fake cards are circulating and have been for some time now...

I actually had an employee )Fellow tech( at and ex-company steal my certificates doctored them and used them as his own.. Resulting in myself having obtain new certificates and a new number from M$......

So becareful if you have to prove your creds...

you could lie about your A+, but what if when a employer asks you to do a job and you never studied for it :S

What if you can't afford a $240 test but know how to fix a computer hands on better than someone who's gotten a 100% on it?

Point is, one doesn't have to have a certificate saying they know what they're doing. I've heard of people graduating with a degree in computer repair with no hands on experience and didn't know how to swap ram.

Very true, I say if yuou can generaly do it, say so in the end its your own head thats on the line, but I have never been asked proof of cert but I hope to get MCSE soon enough couple years

i feel its good for me just to know i have it and have studied and put effort into obtaining, honestly though i am still working on my OS exam, passed the hardware, and have some college experience in graphics, Mac and PC,,for me its easier to look someone in the eye, knowing i have or am working on my certifications.....

I checked on the comptia.org website and i guess you can get like logos to put on your resume to prove your certified. You can also send proof to an employer that your certified. Go check it out.

Yeah, when you put your certifications on your resume that pertain to the job your applying for. They will ask to see proof, CompTIA uses cards just like any other certification. You get business card like things, with all your certifications on them for every company. Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, CIW, Sun, etc. Believe me you dont want to lie to employers, and practically they cant unless your going for a comp repair job. And Someone said there was a computer repairing degree? WHAT is that? I never heard of any such thing. Maybe your talking about a 2 year degree? I know 4 year schools, expect you to already have knowledge about reparing, networking etc when you go into a specific major specially computer science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom