Possible Career Path

Hi guys. I'm Former SAS(Special Air Service) and served in The RMC(Royal Marines Commando's) but I'm currently unemployed, pondering what Career Path To go down. I wanted To ask IF you guys Think merchanting computers would be a good side-line small business? As in, buy all The components For a computer, build it myself Then sell it on For a profit etc. Cause when you do The math stores/retailers really overprice Their systems For The components They use. And IF That goes well, what qualifications would I need To pursue a career being a Computer Engineer?

I think it is a possible career path, but to make it successful, you have to add something new to the table.
I think there are so many people out there who do that already, it's like becoming a potato farmer. just not enough demand for it.
I think the only people who would want a custom built computer, who also wouldn't know how to do it themselves, are young people. And what young people would have the money to pay you to do it?

I think it is feasible for a few extra bucks here and there, but I don't think you will make a business out of it.
Maybe add a bit of originality to it (Easier said then done) or target a specific group of consumers.

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom