Passed my A+ Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

Thanks man. I see you're studying for Network+ good luck man, I studied for it myself, but I diddn't have the cash to do both net+ and server+ so I just decided I diddn't really need those to get a job at a comp shop anywho, and I'm not really into the whole corporate scene. I like an easy laid back job. :p

Anywho, that OSI layer, and subnetting are 2 main ones you're gonna wanna study for. I bet those will pop up in the test for sure.

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

Thanks man. I see you're studying for Network+ good luck man, I studied for it myself, but I diddn't have the cash to do both net+ and server+ so I just decided I diddn't really need those to get a job at a comp shop anywho, and I'm not really into the whole corporate scene. I like an easy laid back job. :p

Anywho, that OSI layer, and subnetting are 2 main ones you're gonna wanna study for. I bet those will pop up in the test for sure.

Damm that OSI model, dammit straight to hell! LOL

I wanted to take my Network+ already, but with an infant at home, it's hard to find time to sit down and study, hopefull I can take it within a month or so.l

ThE_MarD said:
...Anywho, that OSI layer, and subnetting are 2 main ones you're gonna wanna study for. I bet those will pop up in the test for sure.

OSI model is everywhere you look. Subnetting is a good time. Throwin a VLSM party haha :D Congrats.

hey i just completed my a+ hardware course (16 years of age) and got 95 out of 100 questions right.. yay! on to o/s now!

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

w00t! just passed my a+ os tech as well now. Just my network+/server+ left. ;)

I might have higher goals but the comptia certs are just stepping stones. The only job out there that I have found that will care if you have an a+ or not is a comp technician at a little comp shop. a+/net+ is just the start. I'm studying MCSA and linux plus right now. I don't thing my list of certs that I'm going ot acquire is ever going to get smaller. If anything its going to grow.

NIN said:
I might have higher goals but the comptia certs are just stepping stones. The only job out there that I have found that will care if you have an a+ or not is a comp technician at a little comp shop. a+/net+ is just the start. I'm studying MCSA and linux plus right now. I don't thing my list of certs that I'm going ot acquire is ever going to get smaller. If anything its going to grow.

I totally agree they are stepping stones, and just getting your A+ isn't going to land you a job paying $50,000. But you have to start somewhere!

wow everyone here is studying it or has passed already .lol congrats to those that made it and good luck to those r doing it now. well im gonna be doing the exam in three months time.lol i know thats long but i m now starting to studying and i dont have alot of free time with college. all i know other than that is that i have a master certification for MOS which is not really nething because thats like so easy and would be for everyone here. anyway thats only my lil say...

hey just out of curiosity, i went to a technical school a few years ago. Ive past the course but only took 2 exams. i took the A+ Core and pasted with flying colors. which i knew i would. but i was worried about the A+ OS. and when i took it i failed. :( . so heres my problem.

its been a few years since my failed test. i know enough time has pasted so i can take it again. Im using the same books i did in the school. the books are from Comptia (i dont have the books in front of me so i dont exactly know the names.) i wanna get A+ certified. do i have to retake the CORE or do i have a few more trys before i have to retake CORE?

Heyyo,

Hmm, OS is a bit harder than hardware (which I presume is what you mean by core) and no, you don't have to retake your hardware. You passed that, you have the certificate as proof (or so one would hope it came in the mail), and so don't worry man, it's under your belt already. You'll just need to take A+ OS Technological Exam again. I suggest trying some practice exam study material. I used CramExam myself, it's pretty good. I created a thread for good free practice exams/questions topic, but so far there's not much innit. :p

yea Core is hardware, same thing. thanks for the tip i guess ill bstrap myself in and do some serious studing. i know i have my letter that says i pased A+ Core or Hardware whatever you wanna call it it. thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom