Online schools with certification..

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyjo81

Baseband Member
I talked to a guy from strayer university earlier..
I already have a bachelors in graphic design..
I was thinking about getting my associates degree online.
He told me i might be better off going with the certificate programs they offer..
What do you guys think? am i better off getting an associates or just certificates from the school? and these arent programs for comptia certs, just for certification in general.

he made it sound like employers wouldnt look at it very highly because its an associates degree ..
Any feedback would be appreciated!
Thanks

Honestly depends on the certifications his school offers and how much the program costs. Don't discount an associates degree - but since your bachelors is already in IT what are you going to get your associates in?

Please do realize he works for that school so his angle is just like a salesman. While you would hope he has your best interest at heart to me it sounds like he's just out to get your money.

No i have a bachelors in Graphic Design...
well i was inquiring about their associates program.. it costs more than a certificate would.. so i dont know why he would recommend a certificate program its less money and probably less commission for him..

Oh i'm sorry man, i read it as he was from another school that offered the certification program. I gotcha now - sorry about that.

Okay so this guy is from the same school that offers both the associates and certification.

I still think it's about the cost, how much is their certification program and after it's done what certifications do you get. That's extremely important in this decision. Because realize you can go and get the certifications on your own.

To make an informed decision you need all of the details:
1. how much does the associate program cost?
2. how long is the associate program?
3. what is the final associate degree?
4. how much does the certification program cost?
5. what certifications will you get?
6. how long is the certification program?

Go for the certs, it can help you become more specialized and you already have a Bachelors, plus it is literally hundreds less than going back to college, esp if you do the self study route

Yea should I just get certs and forget going back to college??? That was advice that somebody else told me..
he said it would almost be a waste to go back to school..
he may be right . i dont know!! I just lost my job so i really need to get going on this ASAP!

I mean would I be ok just getting certs and building up with more certifications? Seems that others have gotten jobs with just certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom