Old Hardware Question for A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Which of the following BEST describes the difference between the "baby" AT and ATX motherboards?

A. The "baby" AT motherboard allows for the installation of more than two full-length expansion cards whereas the ATX motherboard allows for only one or two.
B. The processor, memory, and expansion slots are all in line with each other on a "baby" AT motherboard, whereas the ATX motherboard has the processor and memory slots at right angles to the expansion cards.
C. The ATX motherboard allows for the installation of more than two full-length expansion cards, whereas the "baby" AT allows for only one or two.
D. The "baby" AT motherboard has a 20-pin power connector while the ATX has a 12-pin power connector.

Answer: B, C

Ok, so I typed this out word for word, with all the punctuation according to my Mike Meyers book.

Usually in A+ tests, when they say best, they want one answer, yet they say both C and B and correct.

My question is, if you were taking the test which is the more accurate answer and why.

Google searching both AT Baby and ATX gives me both of these as being accurate.

C is incorrect.
B is the right answer.
Google image a few baby AT boards, how many expansion slots do you see? more than two that's for sure. A lot have combinations of PCI and ISA slots, some boards even had AGP slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom