new A+ exam anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
I'm probably going to be purchasing the vouchers so i can take the exam sometime next month... But I've heard a couple being say a new exam is coming out in a couple months. But the last evidence of a new test was in like 2003 or 2006 or something..and that exam is already out.

So does anyone know if one is coming out? I'd hate to buy these vouchers and a new test come out and they don't work :\

EDIT: just found a forum and people are saying it's coming out in june/july? Is this true..obviously not in june since it's almost over..but is july possible?

I don't think July either. I think later this year or early next year, say november - february is when I think it will come out.

I just took a survey a few months ago on what should and should not be added to the new exam, which leads me to believe they are still working on it. CompTIA does not have any info on their site about the new exam, but ROUGHLY speaking they come out with one every three years, the latest one is the 600 level exams which came out in 2006.

Well, I kinda want this just for a small time thing. I'm not really going into hardware (after college) anyway. Plus once I start college I'm gonna try to get a job at bestbuy/other related place...and A+ should help with that.

So even if the new one comes out Q4 2009 or Q1 2010 do you think the current one would be good enough (not like the jobs require it..just be something good to have)

A lot of jobs may not require it, but they probably will not consider you if you do not have an A+ or some experience in the industry.

I think you'd be fine taking the exams (you have to take two) now if you want. From my experience people won't ask you during interviews 'so do you have the latest A+ exam.' They will just notice you are A+ certified and may verify by asking 'are you A+ certified.' But nothing too specific.

You also have to realize publications to read and study will not come out for 4 or so months after the exam comes out. Like i'm wanting to take the Net+ which came out in February 09, but publications JUST started coming out this month.

A lot of jobs may not require it, but they probably will not consider you if you do not have an A+ or some experience in the industry.

I think you'd be fine taking the exams (you have to take two) now if you want. From my experience people won't ask you during interviews 'so do you have the latest A+ exam.' They will just notice you are A+ certified and may verify by asking 'are you A+ certified.' But nothing too specific.

You also have to realize publications to read and study will not come out for 4 or so months after the exam comes out. Like i'm wanting to take the Net+ which came out in February 09, but publications JUST started coming out this month.

Well i doubt very many people in my area have ever even heard of certifications..so I know by having it will be a huge boost.

yea i know about the delay..which sucks..... I'm pretty good for the current exam. I just need to study printers a lot more. I took some practice test and failed...like every other question was about printers and I don't know much about them. So i'm gonna research that and I'll be good to go

Ya, don't take the exams lightly - they are more difficult than many people would lead you to believe. I took mine about a year in a half ago and while i passed both exams the first go round I studied my arse off in order to do so. I'm talking reading a comprehensive book, looking at another book for pointers (since there are so many topics you shouldn't rely on one source), and studied a good amount before taking the exam.

I guess I shouldn't say they are hard, because if you study you'll do fine. I'm just saying a lot of people believe building computers gives them the knowledge to pass this exam - which it will not. There are a lot of topics involved that you will not see on a daily (heck yearly) basis unless you actually are working a help desk / desktop support job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom