New CompTIA A+ coming out in August 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
From their newsletter.

CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) to Launch in August!
In August 2009, CompTIA will launch the 2009 Edition of CompTIA A+. The 2009 Edition will consist of two exams, CompTIA A+ Essentials (220-701) and CompTIA A+ Practical Application (220-702). Take the exam to update your CompTIA A+ certification or earn it for the first time!

Some examples of job roles held by CompTIA A+ certified individuals are enterprise technician, field service technician, PC or support technician, or IT administrator. View the objectives for the new CompTIA A+ exams. Vouchers for CompTIA exams are sold online.

Nice! I have been holding off for a few months for this. How long do you think it will take for literature/help books to come out though?

Awesome. So now it's 2 version past the one I took and failed. Lmao. Stupid antiquated technology...even for that time.

Looks like 2009 is going to be my year.

Well that's some time. I will still study the books I have now though, I will be learning either way and it's not like it will be wasted at all.

So I got a book to learn from about a year ago, but only got 1/3 of the way through it - was planning on finishing it this summer and taking the test.

1. Should I hurry up and take the test before the new one comes out?
2. Will my book be outdated enough that I'll fail with the new test?

If it's as much of a difference from the old definitions to 2006 definitions, it's definitely possible that it could be too outdated, but I'm not sure what's going to be included in the new set.

And you would be waiting another 5 months for the books (and then how ever long you take to study them and prepare) before you take the exam.

I would wait spit wad. Finish your book because i guarantee about 3/5ths of the exam will cover the same topics. the other 2/5ths will be new technology and new updates.

Finish your book, get another book to review the difference and read, then take the NEW exam.

It should also be noted the did away with the 'track' that allowed you to choose which exam to take. Now it is just two exams. The 600 level was two exams, but one of those you got to choose from three 'tracks'.

I probably won't take it until next year, my certification for the 600 level one i took last january is good until i believe 2010 from what the certification says.

they also have a thing on their website that covers the objectives. would be a nice thing to use as study guidelines if you do want to look into it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom