New Beginning

I wouldnt know how to manage helping low-income family, in terms of criteria and finding them. but if you can I guess it would be a nice idea. maybe give leaflets to charities that help them and they can contact you, or something like that.

I was kind of disappointed when he gave me the unhappy face and he said we're going to talk about that later. Hmm.....lol

The reason I'm going with the church is so the church will sponsor buying diagnostic tools I was thinking to have at least one clone hard drive machine about $300 plus. And also I don't have a space in my small apt so once again I was hoping the repair can be done in the chapel or church basement. But now I'm done with this idea, so I'm just going to check with American Red Cross and local fire fighter after this week.

The reason I'm going with the church is so the church will sponsor buying diagnostic tools I was thinking to have at least one clone hard drive machine about $300 plus. And also I don't have a space in my small apt so once again I was hoping the repair can be done in the chapel or church basement. But now I'm done with this idea, so I'm just going to check with American Red Cross and local fire fighter after this week.

$300!! for a cloner? what a rip off.. I have this StarTech Standalone Hard Drive Duplicator Dock - Ebuyer and it works 100% fine, I could pay abit more which would give me a device with more features.. but this does the job :cool:

$300!! for a cloner? what a rip off.. I have this StarTech Standalone Hard Drive Duplicator Dock - Ebuyer and it works 100% fine, I could pay abit more which would give me a device with more features.. but this does the job :cool:

That's a good dock. We have those at my part-time job. We don't use them to clone so much as just backup or transfer data, though. Yeah, you shouldn't spend much more than about $70 for a dock/cloner station like this. Even so, you don't really NEED something this big, either.

You can get an external enclosure and use the connections on the inside to connect a drive to another computer to get data from the drive, if needed. Very rarely would you really need to clone a drive, unless it's for backup purposes. Even then, you could make a clone using the same method with the right software, which you can obtain for free.

At one point not too long ago, we had a thread with a list of tools that are available online that are free. I just have to remember what thread that was on...

Back
Top Bottom