New A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
so i got an email from CompTIA for the new tests for A+, it says no matter what i still hold my current certification but they introduced their new tests which consists of 3 exams...does this mean that future students will have to pass all 3 exams to obtain the full A+ cert?

* CompTIA A+ 220-602: The CompTIA A+ 220-602 exam is targeted for individuals who work or intend to work in a mobile or corporate environment with a high level of face-to-face client interaction. Examples of job roles include: Enterprise Technician, IT Administrator, Field Service Technician and PC Technician. Ideally, the CompTIA A+ 220-602 candidate has already passed the CompTIA A+ Essentials examination. Candidates who pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ 220-602 exams will be CompTIA A+ certified with the IT Technician designation.
* CompTIA A+ 220-603: The CompTIA A+ 220-603 examination is targeted for individuals who work or intend to work in a remote-based work environment where client interaction, client training, operating system and connectivity issues are emphasized. Example job roles include: Remote Support Technician, Help Desk Technician and Call Center Technician. Ideally, the CompTIA A+ 220-603 candidate has already passed the CompTIA A+ Essentials examination. Candidates who pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials and the CompTIA A+ 220-603 exams will be CompTIA A+ certified with the Remote Support Technician designation.
* CompTIA A+ 220-604: The CompTIA A+ 220-604 examination is targeted for individuals who work or intent work in settings where hardware related activities are emphasized. Example job roles include: Depot Technician and Bench Technician. Ideally, the CompTIA A+ 220-604 candidate has already passed the CompTIA A+ Essentials examination. Candidates who pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials and the CompTIA A+ 220-604 exams will be CompTIA A+ certified with the Depot Technician designation.

no just two. one core, and one elective

Candidates who pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ 220-602 exams will be CompTIA A+ certified with the IT Technician designation.

Candidates who pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials and the CompTIA A+ 220-603 exams will be CompTIA A+ certified with the Remote Support Technician designation.

Candidates who pass the CompTIA A+ Essentials and the CompTIA A+ 220-604 exams will be CompTIA A+ certified with the Depot Technician designation.

I didnt use many books, friends of mine had purchased CDs and my high school had a course.

Fastvan67 said:
Whats the best A+ book to get that has all the new stuff in it?

I know that there is some guy working on the "A+ Fast Pass", which I don't think has come out yet. I'm looking now for online tutorials and books for the upcoming exams, and that's all I've found so far.

when I got mine (May last year) I really liked the preplogic books. Nicely laid out, in depth, and quizzes at the end of each section + practice tests on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom