A+\Networking Cert

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelKing

Solid State Member
I recently signed up for a 10 week course for certification in A+ and Net+ (Each class being five weeks long) I am having second thoughts about wheather or not I can do this. Exactly how hard are these courses? Is 5 weeks per course long enough to memorize the information needed to pass the tests?Not trying to sound weak, just extremely nervous I guess. Helpful book references on A+ and Net+ would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah, these certifications really are not difficult at all. They are basic entry level IT certifications, you could probally learn them in 2 weeks self-studying :).

Dont know about N+ Got the self study book, but aint really got into it...So far i've started studying at A+, cant say it looks amazingly hard, although i havent passed it yet so cant comment, but flicked through the book and some training videos and can say i aint really learnt anything new.
Hardware aspects look quite easy, o/s looks a little more harder, but i havent got the best memory.

I took the tests last friday, the tests were harder than i thought but passed them both. As usual there was some stuff i've never had to deal with or have ever heard of. I actually got a higher score on OS than hardware.

I took the A= certification through a school, that when I went back for the last class - they were freaking gone!!!!! I am tryoing to track them down, but in the meantime, can someone recommend a book that worked for them to pass all the test

Both are pretty easy... IMO.. I mean I passed the Hardware portion with a 781 and hardly studied.... I have software Portion in one month and N+ after that. Hopefully leading to CCNA, CISSP and of course, the grand daddy, CCIE.

The record age for obtaining a CCIE is 18 years old. (Not in this country.....we apparently are too dumb and focused on food) Did I say that out loud??

Anyway, I WILL be getting my CCIE soon!!! (crosses fingers) I told myself that once I got my CCIE that I would get back into computers. But, quite honestly, I'm enjoying the time off and really enjoying planning on this LAN center. It's revenue and little work so far.

My plan is Pilot's License (almost done) > CCIE > Work for a year while saving > World travel for 2 years > Family > Tool

lol, I have actually talked to a lot of people about CCIE acouple years ago, because one of my friends that is only 20 has an CCIE but cannot find a job anywhere. So he was wondering why, and the answer is that if you have a CCIE at 20 there is obviously something wrong. Getting a CCIE with no experience is worthless, you might as well not have any certifications. The other point is if you indeed have the top cisco certification at only 20, then the exam is obviously not that difficult, so it actually degrades the certification showing that someone with no experience could obtain the certification.

your friend is looking in the wrong places then.....clearly.
I made great money with a good job and didn't even have my CCSP yet....which the job required. It's about how you present yourself and how you talk to people.

I actually skipped college. I don't have a **** credit. I went straight to experience. Someone with a CCIE straight from books and without replacing 5 routers on the fly is worthless. I'm actually not surprised.

Experience is good, but without atleast a 4 year degree you will be very limited from moving up in the company. So if you dont mind plugging in wires the rest of your life then you made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom