A+ and Network+ tech or associates programs in NYC

Yea the school I'm going to is 1 year long. 18 hours a week. They go through a+ network+ Microsoft client and server. VirtualIzation. A few other things. And it includes a 300 hour internship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

300 hour internship might be worth it. From my experience Technical schools aren't really worth it. You can pick up a book and watch some videos online and learn the same things. For example, Mike Myers A+ book + Messer's video series is more than enough to pass the A+ and that would cost you what? 30-40 dollars for the book.

Then again, I feel like college is worth the money. Doesn't really matter what you major in. In college you learn how to learn if that makes sense. If I didn't go to college first I might have not been able to pick the Myers book, have the discipline to read it cover to cover, and pass the test.

Depending on the course fees, I would just buy a machine, VMware, hardware components etc and watch videos while learning hands on with the hardware/software I brought. Then you can sit at home and mess around as much as possible, learn and really build rigs you can then use well after passing your exams.

Back
Top Bottom