Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
Anyone planning on taking the new Net+ exam?

I'm up in the air about taking it. I've been studying for another Microsoft exam, but i've been really wanting to take the new Net+ exam. I've been waiting for the Mike Meyers book to come out (June 17th publishing date) but now that the time gets closer I'm having second thoughts.

Just wanted to see if anyone else was planning on taking this exam.

Yup, that is the one i'm talking about.

Latest exam is the 004 version which just came out in February 09. Publications are just now coming out (couple came out last month).

I may take it sometime this summer, but my main priority is the A+ exam for this summer, i need to get the basic cert first. (well i don't need to, i want to)

Hehe ya, luke you may want to wait on the A+, i've heard they are coming out with a new one either late this year or early next. If you were taking it for a job I would say take it now, but if it is just for general knowledge you may be better served taking the 900 level exam later down the road.

Just my two.

^hmm, i did not know they were coming out with a new one. Does it really matter if i take the current one rather then the new one that is coming out though?

More relevant information and the old one won't be supported for much longer. I know if you are doing this for fun it really does not matter. But say in a year if you are putting that on a resume or talking about it an old exam will not hold as much weight as the new ones.

A lot of people don't sit there and talk about exam dates though, they won't say 'oh so are you A+ certified in the 900 level exams', they will just say 'are you A+ certified'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom