Need some suggestions on A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
Im going to be taking the test very soon for the A+ I took it about 5 or 6 months ago and received a 690 i believe it was. Just barely did not pass, I have been studying a lot more since than, and just wanted to know if anyone had any study material they think might be useful, or any insight on what to study more than others. I have a couple of books already, and have written note cards and etc. I just want to be as prepared as I can be for this test, I really hope to pass it and jump out into the corporate IT world. THANX guys :cool:

Just know the material. 1/4th of it is memorizing the hardware, but the other part is just understanding it. People do poor because they just memorize stuff, but if you actually understand how the hardware interacts with eachother you will do better on the exam overall.

I see, yea your right lexluethar, I think at first I was trying to just memorize more than understanding, but I have been working on computers now since i was 18 and im 21 now, replacing hard drives, ram, mobo, cpus, i even built my own. I think Im redy for this test. I strive to learn everything, but I think its impossible lol.

Hehe well good luck. I was just saying that from my experience i did better on certification exams when i understood the inner workings of the technology opposed to memorizing how to do something. A+ exam did a good job of not just asking you how fast something was or how to replace something, they give you a scenario and you have to give the best solution that would fix the users issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom