Need Some Answers From Computer Professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
a. How do you use the computer in your job? What proportion of your time is spent using the computer?
b. How computer literate do you have to be to use the computer for your job?
c. How did you learn to use the computer? Were there any problems switching from manual to computer methods?
d. What are the advantages of the computer?
e. Are there any disadvantages? What are they?
f. How has the computer changed your job?

---
Thanks

my job title is information system technican

my primary function is helpdesk support. other functions include backup admin / log reader and what i would like to consider sys admin / engineer.

a. Since I'm IT, my job revolves around computers. Build, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot. When my users need IT work done, they call me. I'd say 98% of my work is done on a computer. Occasionally, i have to call someone for help, information, or to purchase products. I also have to work with printers as well.

b. A+ with at least 2 years experience with a corporate network.

c. HS Vo-Tech class named Computer Systems Technology and Assoicates degree in Computer Network Engineering. But the thing that helped me the most is experience. I've been with the same company for 4+years and I like to think I know how everyone does their job or what they need to process work. You need to know how the computer and its applications work inside and out for my job.

I always anticipate problems in my line of work. But, I always troubleshoot until its fixed or at least find a workaround.

d. They can do almost anything as long as youknow how to make it do what you need.

e. none that i can think of at this point in time.

f. computers are my job :) they make processing much faster. One of my teachers once told his class, "Computers are really dumb machines, we're just amazed at the speed in which they operate"

a. How do you use the computer in your job? What proportion of your time is spent using the computer?
I Am a SQL DataBase administrator. I am on the computer ALL DAY.

b. How computer literate do you have to be to use the computer for your job? Extremely computer literate. Im MCP, MCSA and MCSE

c. How did you learn to use the computer? Were there any problems switching from manual to computer methods?

I have always been into computers with gaming and what not, then I took classes at CEI. ( Computer Education Institute ).
Can't do my job "Manually" thank GOD

d. What are the advantages of the computer? Organization Efficiency.

e. Are there any disadvantages? What are they? They do what you tell them. : )

f. How has the computer changed your job? Without Computers I wouldn't "This" Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom