Need opinions

dennis545

Beta member
Hi.. I am looking for a career change so I am intending to do a mobile app development course. Cestar college Mobile Application Developer | Cestar College, near to my place is providing the course. But I have a concern that which type of certification is more valid for getting a secure job in a development firm. Is the certification provided by all colleges have the same value? Is it possible to learn it through online? Please give me your valuable advice.

Unless you have previous development experience, most places will be looking for something like at least an Associates (if not Bachelors) in Software Engineering or Computer Science.

As a hiring manager, I never use certifications to filter potential employees, yet I do think a few organisations may look for these as proof that you know what you are doing. Personally, I want the job candidate to show me, what they can do. The more experience you have, the more you can you demonstrate your capabilities. This blog might be helpful for you 5 Tips To get You Noticed By Executive Recruiters | The Executive Wing .

As a hiring manager, I never use certifications to filter potential employees, yet I do think a few organisations may look for these as proof that you know what you are doing. Personally, I want the job candidate to show me, what they can do.

I feel like you're one of the minority here. So many hiring managers look solely at the resume and, more specifically, the education section without giving a second thought the previous experience. I feel like these managers are the ones who probably shouldn't be managers to begin with if they can't figure out what you have. Common sense tells me that just because you passed some classes and tests doesn't mean that you can actually do or understand the work to be done. Bravo, sir.

Back
Top Bottom