A+ a need for Network+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
Pretty much my question simply is...
Do I need to know anything out of the A+ book before I start studying on the Network+?

If not, then I'm going to jump into both at the same time.

Technically you can take the Net + without having taken / passed the A+. However it might be good to take the A+ first. Good test practice to warm up for the Net + so that you get used to testing in that manner, just an idea. It is the usual (not always, the usual) way to do it: take the A+ then the Net +.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry to be misleading but I had ment, I have two books, one A+ and one Network+, sometimes I take a break from the A+ book for a couple hours but feel like learning something else.
Would it be bad to jump into the Network+ book for those couple hours, so that way I can kill 2 birds with one stone?

Or do I need to know A+ essentials (no pun intended) before I even bother taking a look at a Network+ book?

New A+ is coming out next month or the month after...probably be bad to take the current one. So I'd wait before studying. Just my 2 cents though

It is not a requirement and from what i've read they really don't overlap. Sure there are some hardware overlaps like wiring types but no, you can go back and forth as long as you can remember that stuff.

As Wafflehammer said, new A+ is coming out in august which would mean the A+ exam you are studying for will be outdated soon, may be worth while just to hammer down on the Net+, pass it, then purchase a new A+ book and take that.

Pretty much, since the new definitions will make that book obsolete. The new books generally come out a few months after the new definitions hit.

I'd wait til the new Mike Meyers book comes out.

It wouldn't hurt though to read them while you wait, I mean, some of the stuff discussed in the "old" books will still be on the exam. Then when the new books come out you can skip through stuff you already know. Just something to do while you're waiting...can't hurt, that's what I am doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom