Need an extra opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kton16

Beta member
Ok, so I'm in college. I was wondering if any of the jobs related with computers, all deal with math? If not, then what's the best field you would suggest for a beginneer.

(I love computers, but Im little knoweldgeable with some programming Basic and C+, but it's boring for me and the money is not what counts)

Also the mindset I have about, "Computer Science" is A LOT OF MATH! =/

So I don't want to take the wrong step... and fall.

Thanks for your inputs!

Nope, programming really doesn't use math - i mean it is logical thinking but you aren't doing mathmatical calculations. I mean it can take a lot of math, just depends on what you are programming.

Computer Infortmation Systems (CIS at my old college) doesn't use math either, the only math required was two classes - nothing major. This deals more with hands on (no not fixing a computer fan), more like setting up servers, networks, etc. This doesn't use math either.

Computer Science is where there is a ton of math. That is more engineering like designing circut boards and computer chips.

Nope, programming really doesn't use math - i mean it is logical thinking but you aren't doing mathmatical calculations. I mean it can take a lot of math, just depends on what you are programming.

Computer Infortmation Systems (CIS at my old college) doesn't use math either, the only math required was two classes - nothing major. This deals more with hands on (no not fixing a computer fan), more like setting up servers, networks, etc. This doesn't use math either.

Computer Science is where there is a ton of math. That is more engineering like designing circut boards and computer chips.

Yea...i'm a computer science major and on my first semester so far. There is a lot of different computer stuff ( programming, then the actual computer stuff like networking ) involved...but then there is a lot of math. I'm required to have 40 hours in computer science classes that will be the core of my degree....and out of all the other classes I will end up with like 26 hours (29 if i go for a math minor) of math credits :| so it's almost as much math as computer science (but this doesn't include the 12 hours of computer science electives I have to take)

Yeah, not everything has to do with extreme amounts of math. Programming is actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, depends what kind of programming you get into. e.g. statistical programming, app programming, etc.

What kind of job would you enjoy the most?

I really apperciate the feedback! Thank you!

NOOO computer Science for me, but thats a great chance I'll be way less succesfull because of it. I know it's based on experience but I have no experience, LOL! =/

I think any job with no math I will enjoy most and the jobs that deals with working "ON" computers. The main concept here is no "math" ha!

Programming is a little boring lol but maybe because I didn't get the hang of it.

So my choices are (CIS) and Programming.... hmmm.

by 'working ON computers' do you mean fixing them? If so I think you might enjoy working as network support or as an IT Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom