Need advice about my current job situation

I know what your saying in general and I don't disagree, but I am saying my private company doesn't do that and it's great because it works still,
Like I said, just because the company you work for has "been doing it that way the whole time" doesn't mean it's the best (or right) way to do it ;).

do you want me to implement a ticket system and get all the staff to wait in line..
I honestly have no idea what you mean here by having staff "wait in line"

You notice the other guys posting mention "customers" and " tickets" , which is my main point about how you treat them and they become customers... Lol. Point proven. I know in a corporate company needs a ticket system.

Anyways... There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Because they ARE your customers lol. Saying 'customers' is a general blanket term because we don't know the names of your customers ;). Like I said, just because you have a ticket system in place doesn't mean you can't still have good customer service / be sociable with the people you're helping.

Every IT department, no matter the size, can benefit from ticket tracking software.

If it helps, don't call it a "ticket tracking" - you can call it an "issue tracking" system if you prefer ;).

Like I said, just because the company you work for has "been doing it that way the whole time" doesn't mean it's the best (or right) way to do it ;).

I honestly have no idea what you mean here by having staff "wait in line"

Because they ARE your customers lol. Saying 'customers' is a general blanket term because we don't know the names of your customers ;). Like I said, just because you have a ticket system in place doesn't mean you can't still have good customer service / be sociable with the people you're helping.

Every IT department, no matter the size, can benefit from ticket tracking software.

If it helps, don't call it a "ticket tracking" - you can call it an "issue tracking" system if you prefer ;).

Ok we're getting somewhere and your now agreeing, a company can "benefit" but is not "necessary" which is what I said... We do not, not use it because it's been like that for ages, we always review it and conclude it is not a need at the moment.

Of course things can change but that's the future, right now is the the point I'm making that it's never been used. NOT it "will never" be used. :cool:

Have your last comment and will leave it as that , I won't reply to your post on this thread now ;)

If you look at the big picture, that is your IT career as a whole, you either continuously learn, or you fall behind. This is essentially the nature of IT.
So the most important aspect of any IT job should be to provide you with the opportunity to keep learning. If you choose to stay in a job where there is absolutely no opportunity to learn, even ones that are not obvious, then you must accept this is not good for your career as a whole.
Hopefully looking at things this way can help you to make some hard decisions.

Back
Top Bottom