My Career Path?

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
So, its getting to that stage where I'm applying for college. I'm just asking for opinions. I was wondering if i should get into computing or medicine. I am awesome at both for my age. I got an A* (basically an A+) for my Biology GCSE, Im going to do all my other GCSEs this year. I also feel that I'm good at computer science for my age, beyond doubt I'm the best in the school however, the teacher is as dumb as f***, he wont even have a clue what the difference between 32bit and x86 is.

Lets just say I'm as good at science as computing and I like them both equally. I find medicine interesting and I like all that kinda stuff. As you all know I really like computers. But here's, the problem, proper consultants get paid much more than the average programmer, furthermore if i choose computing i would probably be :ForeverAlone: if u know what I mean ;)

What I'm thinking of doing is either being a doctor and work from there or get into some kinda medical research involving computing like protein folding or whatever so what do u guys think? Opinions?

Become a consultant! Or, have you considered any kind of Dev options? Hell, design a mobile game and maybe you'll become an overnight success. Both the medical field and the tech field are here to stay, and I think each are evolving at different rates. However, I think you'll find more options with tech than you will medical, but fulfillment is important enough not to be overlooked if you can choose between the two.

Become a consultant! Or, have you considered any kind of Dev options? Hell, design a mobile game and maybe you'll become an overnight success. Both the medical field and the tech field are here to stay, and I think each are evolving at different rates. However, I think you'll find more options with tech than you will medical, but fulfillment is important enough not to be overlooked if you can choose between the two.

well i am working on an fps alongside learning unity. I just wonder how its going to turn out after a year or so.

well i am working on an fps alongside learning unity. I just wonder how its going to turn out after a year or so.

I think everyone does, and I suppose that's the beauty of it, although it is a bit double-edged. You can write and re-write, turn it into whatever you want it to be, and then do it all over again when you're finished. You have virtually limitless options when you're DIY. Maybe you could work on medical software development?

Back
Top Bottom