More training need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN

In Runtime
I have graduated with a computer networking AAS degree, the job market it tight right now. The job i am aiming for is a network engineer or network admin.

Right now most of the jobs i want require a higher degree and more skill than i pocess.

The question is should I go to a university for a BS degree or just get more training for that dream job (training centers and certifications, etc.

what do you guy suggest

Thanks,
tom

I'm not very knowledgable on the "certifcation" type stuff.... BUT here is my logic... hope its useful :)

More "traditional" schooling
or
more "technical" - niche - training.

Basically that is your question, right?

School is well rounded, should be able to solve larger problems, be able to handle tough situations, learn more soft skills, etc. etc.

Certifications are for specific things, very focus problems. You may or may not have the "complete" package an employer is looking for.

I think it depends on what exactly you want to do for a career... Do you want to "work" or "manage" or both.

To be sure... Do Both!
While going to school, take some certifcation classes.

Seriously, both can make you good money, I think it depends YOUR goals and your personality.

good luck

After I graduated I was thinking that what I got from that college was not enough. it was more technical and narrow training, I wanted something to cover more things, the employer will not like someone who just can to a couple of things. I plan to get A Computer Science degree and take some Cisco training at the same time for the CCNA.

thanks Larry
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom