More Promising Career and what will take the shortest time in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2adre

In Runtime
I have done my own research but I feel you guys are the best at this type of stuff.

I am currently studying to get my A+ cert in about 2 months. Ill then move on to security+, network+, MCSE, and probrably cisco and server+. Depends!

My question is,

I looked at about 5 different careers:

Web Development
Red Hat Engineer
Network Administrator
Server Administrator
Java Developer

I want to know what will probrably be more promising of a direction to go for future job offers, pay, and shortest time in school. I am heavily interested in them all and have read a ton about the subjects. I am even looking into virtualization of networks for businesses.

Any help is appreciated!

You have to realize that with every career time changes the pay and demand for a job. Something that paid 100k+ a year and was in high demand 5 years ago may only pay 70k+ now and not be as much in demand. So while network engineer is a super hot job right now, in 2 years it may not be. No one can project the future.

You also have to realize that the jobs that pay the most generally also require the most schooling and education / experience. I would say a network admin or red hat engineer would make the most and are probably the highest in demand this minute, but require the most schooling and experience as well. Generally red hat engineer would be in the position like head of security, but most large companies won't hire someone into that position unless they have 5 to 10 years of experience in network security.

One last thing to think about, most of the jobs you put up there are going to require experience. In fact all but the web and java developer are going to require a lot of experience (3+). The only time a company may hire a web or java developer without experience is if they were fresh out of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom