MCSD or MCSE or anything else first? Speak about your experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedestrian

Solid State Member
I'm a computer graduate currently doing self-study. I aim to involve in programming and software development in Microsoft platform (perhaps mainly in database system).

I'm currently learning SQL Server, VB.Net and will start ASP.Net. I intend to take MCSD.Net exam for SQL Server and VB.Net first. I guess studying MCSE Windows exams syllabus could help to improve both my understanding of system and coding...

Is there a need to study MCSE or anything else first before taking MCSD? If yes, what's the rationale behind?

Also, Please share your experience ... Thanks buddies...

pedestrian said:
I'm a computer graduate currently doing self-study. I aim to involve in programming and software development in Microsoft platform (perhaps mainly in database system).

I'm currently learning SQL Server, VB.Net and will start ASP.Net. I intend to take MCSD.Net exam for SQL Server and VB.Net first. I guess studying MCSE Windows exams syllabus could help to improve both my understanding of system and coding...

Is there a need to study MCSE or anything else first before taking MCSD? If yes, what's the rationale behind?

Also, Please share your experience ... Thanks buddies...

What kind of degree do you have? MCSE is more for IT, You would want to go for the MCSD which is the top microsoft developer certificiation. But if you don't have atleast a computer science degree, you will not be able to find a job as a software engineer. So if this is true, and you do not plan to get a 4 year degree, then you might as well go for the MCSE, so hopefully you will be able to find a job :).

I'm finding that certifications are starting to mean less and less to the job market. They pad your resume, but they definitely won't land you a job on their own. A lot of employers now look at degrees. A degree in MIS or Computer Science typically does in any certification. If you have one of these you're probably set. Certifications won't really add to your hiring power.

But if you're on a quest for knowledge, definitely go for it. No harm done. It all depends on what you expect from an MCSE or MCSD.

ewomack said:
I'm finding that certifications are starting to mean less and less to the job market. They pad your resume, but they definitely won't land you a job on their own. A lot of employers now look at degrees. A degree in MIS or Computer Science typically does in any certification. If you have one of these you're probably set. Certifications won't really add to your hiring power.

But if you're on a quest for knowledge, definitely go for it. No harm done. It all depends on what you expect from an MCSE or MCSD.

Yea, but it does not hurt to get them. I just try to get as much as possible.

experience
college degree
certs

all of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom