Math???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meithan said:
What you really need is the intellectual maturity for advanced math, not really the knowledge. You won't be doing group theory, tensor calculus or fourier transforms when programming, but you still need to be at that level to understand what you're doing.

I second that notion.

jaeusm said:
My fiance earned an associate degree in accounting from a community college, then enrolled at a four-year university and earned a BS. Two years in CC, and two years at university. Attending a community college is not useless.

My high school counselor told me that based on my grades, it would be easier for me to go to a community college and get an associates degree, then transfer to a four-year university to get a bachelors degree.

I even know someone who has been accepted to UNC Charlotte, and all of her classes are transferrable. This is her second year at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (I have a class with her.) she is working her way towards an associates degree. After that, she will go to UNCC for two more years to get her bachelors degree.

thebrantmeister said:
My high school counselor told me that based on my grades, it would be easier for me to go to a community college and get an associates degree, then transfer to a four-year university to get a bachelors degree.

I even know someone who has been accepted to UNC Charlotte, and all of her classes are transferrable. This is her second year at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (I have a class with her.) she is working her way towards an associates degree. After that, she will go to UNCC for two more years to get her bachelors degree.

Easier is not always better, specially dealing with education... I for one would not want to be "educated" by a bunch of people who teach at the highschool level....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom