Master's in CS or CE for software engineering profession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisrin

Beta member
hii

Im in the final year of BSc in I.T. and need your help...excuse me for sounding rash..

Im interested in programming and want to be a software engineer. Should I do a master's in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Science and Engineering(CSE)? Very few universities offer either master's with a s/w engineering track..or better yet a master's in software engineering...

I know this question is very cliche'd, but Im untterly confused. Please help!! Thankyou.

It doesn't matter which path you take if you want to work as a software developer. Choose the one that interests you the most.

Hello

Thanks alot for a quick reply..

Id prefer my chosen course to be heavier on software and lighter on electronics/circuitry...This description falls for Computer Engineering, and it freaks me out!

Also, some universities offering MS in Computer Science give electronics as much preference as software in their courses..

Despite studying Physics and Computers in high school, Im unusure how I would be able to handle advanced electronics and maths (Im not strong in maths) here..Im willing to work very hard but I don't want to cram my brains out!

Please advice

You're going to have math regardless of which path you choose. However, if you don't want to learn about circuits, then purse computer science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom