Looking for job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake91839

In Runtime
I am currently 16 years old and a sophomore in High School. I have my A+ and MCP certification. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on finding a job that would accept my age, but also require my certification. I love working with computers, and kind of want to get away from burger flipping :)

anything would be apriciated :)

I am currently 16 years old and a sophomore in High School. I have my A+ and MCP certification. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on finding a job that would accept my age, but also require my certification. I love working with computers, and kind of want to get away from burger flipping :)

anything would be apriciated :)

Try your local technology/computer store like BestBuy, CompUSA, Circuit City, etc. Look over jobs ad in your local news paper for companies that are hiring for entry level position like Help Desk Support and Computer Technician. Try monster.com, careerbuilder.com, dice.com. I saw a couple of jobs that was hiring for entry level computer technician with high school experience and preferably A+ and Net+ certified. With an A+ and MCP, you should get recognize fairly well. You shouldn't have any problem finding a good job.

Working at Bestbuy would be fun to me :)

lol, guess I'm just a nerd like that?

That would probably be the best place to start off for your age. Trust me if I say, you will get the job. Your certification already proves that you have more knowledge than the typical Best Buy employees. No offense to the Best Buy employees :D. Go pick up a CompTIA Network+ book and get certified for network. That's one field you need to understand.

lol, i remember being in best buy one time, and one of their employees didn't know what the difference between a crossover and a regular CAT-5. lol, so yes, i do know where you're coming from with that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom